- June 12, 2017
Project: Design and manufacture two sided sign with full color digitally printed graphics
Marian Buchda stopped at Design Advertising and brought along a photo of the mansion which once graced her farm property. Her grandchild was getting married and the reception would be held on the farm. Marian was interested in purchasing a sign for the property which would include the photo of mansion.
Following is a little history about the property according to an article printed in the Daily Citizen on September 15, 2013. George and Mary Warren previously owned Laurel Hill. The couple had married and came to the Town of Trenton in Dodge County in 1849. They began with 160 acres of wooded land and with an unfinished log house that had no windows or doors. The Warrens had built an imposing mansion in 1868 on a raised and terraced lawn. There were more than 30 rooms on its three floors, with a large cupola at the fourth floor above. There were 11 bedrooms, five with brown marble washbowls and running water furnished by lead pipes from tanks in the attic. There were several marble fireplaces and large bay windows with French windows to light the interior. The third floor was a ballroom.
In 1899, two horse buyers were guests of the Laurel Hill Farm east of Fox Lake. They had come to look at the horses raised by George and Mary Warren and their identities were kept a secret until the sale was made. After the sale was final it was found out that the visitors were Mr. R. Huntington, a famous New York horseman, and Secretary Wilson of the Agriculture Department. They had come in search of a carriage team for President William McKinley.
- Farm Signs
- Signs & Banners